MSDN Subscription download in Thailand is too slow! With 50 Mbps banwidth, I have to wait for 7 hours for Windows 10 (4.6 GB)!
I have found two ways to speed up the download.
Use File Transfer Manager (FTM)
This way will reduce time from 7 hours to 1-1.5 hours.
What you need is just using the IE devtool to emulate IE9 doc and agent type, and then it will open FTM to download your file.
See full steps at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2900662/you-cannot-complete-some-downloads-on-the-msdn-subscriptions-website.
Use DownThemAll! (Firefox add-on)
It’s the better way. This will reduce time from 7 hours to 30-40 minutes!
- First, you have to download the file with FTM (See steps above).
- Copy link to download the file.
- Open Firefox, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/.
- Search for “DownThemAll”.
- Add the add-on.
- In Firefox, enter URL that you’ve copied from FTM.
- It will open DownThemAll popup window. Click download the file.
- In DownThemAll! window, right-click on the file. Choose Advanced > One More Segment. You can adjust number of segments to speed up the downloading. I usually download with 4-6 segments.