MSDN Subscription download in Thailand is too slow! With 50 Mbps banwidth, I have to wait for 7 hours for Windows 10 (4.6 GB)!
I have found two ways to speed up the download.
Use File Transfer Manager (FTM)
If you are using Edge or IE11, you can use File Transfer Manager.
This way will reduce time from 7 hours to 1-1.5 hours.
What you need is just using the IE devtool to emulate IE9 doc and agent type, and then it will open FTM to download your file.
See full steps at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2900662/you-cannot-complete-some-downloads-on-the-msdn-subscriptions-website.
Use DownThemAll! (Firefox add-on)
It’s the better way. This will reduce time from 7 hours to 30-40 minutes!
- First, you have to download the file with FTM (See steps above).
- Copy link to download the file.
- Open Firefox, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/.
- Search for “DownThemAll”.
- Add the add-on.
- In Firefox, enter URL that you’ve copied from FTM.
- It will open DownThemAll popup window. Click download the file.
- In DownThemAll! window, right-click on the file. Choose Advanced > One More Segment. You can adjust number of segments to speed up the downloading. I usually download with 4-6 segments.